Diabetes is a chronic (long-lasting) health condition that affects how your body turns food into energy. Most of the food you eat is broken down into sugar (also called glucose) and released into your bloodstream. If you have diabetes, your body either doesn’t make enough insulin or can’t use the insulin it makes as it should do. When there isn’t enough insulin or cells stop responding to insulin, too much blood sugar stays in your bloodstream. Over time, such conditions can cause serious health problems, including heart disease, vision loss, kidney disease, etc.
The Diabetes Centre is the 1st specialized diabetes hospital in Pakistan, parallelly working in Lahore and Islamabad where we offer a wide range of clinical services. The services range from diagnostics, outpatient services, telemedicine, to inpatient services.
As part of our goal, we guide patients about preventive measures to minimize the risk of developing diabetes-related complications and also concerning how to promote the method of self-management of this disease.
To benefit from these measures are:
- A system of appointments is in place at The Diabetes Centre, which can be booked through the website or by dialing us at 0514481100.
- The designated Mufti of the Sharia Council is appointed to assess and verify Zakat for patients who are unable to afford treatment.
- Trained and qualified staff members conduct, initial screening, an assessment that follows the lab results that are generated in almost 60 minutes.
- Following that, patients and their families receive treatment and counseling from our qualified and experienced consultants.
- Diabetes-related education and structured programs are available at the Day Care Clinic for all types of diabetes.
There is a strict follow-up to ensure safe and effective treatment:
In addition to promoting self-management of the disease, we emphasize preventive measures to minimize the risk of complications associated with diabetes. The Centre's appointment system uses an algorithm to determine an optimal time for you to schedule an appointment based on the availability of all staff and resources.
Our team of experts will help you by:
- Understanding diabetes and the best treatment options for you
- Adapting a relevant lifestyle to meet your nutritional requirements
- Suggesting a physical activity as part of your life
- Using prescriptions adeptly and securely for ideal viability
- Monitoring blood glucose and using the gained results for assessment
- Preventing, identifying and treating complications
- Developing personal measures and strategies to advance health and behavioral changes
- Understanding diabetic complexities with your caretaker/ care-provider and subject-related experts.